Have questions? Need assistance? Call GVT at 970-256-RIDE (7433)
Staff are happy to help you find what you need!
Real-time Bus Location
Visit gvteta.com to see real-time bus location and estimated arrival times on the web
Download the RouteShout 2.0 app to see real-time bus location and estimated arrival times on your mobile device. RouteShout 3.0 coming May 1, 2023!
With the RouteShout App you can:
- See how far your bus is from the bus stop
- Use “Locate Me” to determine closest bus stop
- Save favorite routes and stops
- View service announcements and notifications related to emergencies, route changes or weather conditions that may affect service and sign up to receive notifications.
Learn to Ride GVT
Want some help learning to ride? Learn how to ride GVT through an interactive program that covers the basics of riding the bus and trip planning. Contact email@example.com or (970) 244-1830 to schedule a travel training or train the trainer training.
Rules for Riding
See Rules for Riding for all rules related to riding GVT
Riding with your Bike
Grand Valley Transit provides bike racks on every bus for your convenience. Ride the bus to your destination for the same low price you would normally pay, and your bike rides for free! See Bike & Ride.
GVT, including offices, does not operate on the following holidays-New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
GVT has two Transfer Facilities- Downtown and West Transfer Facilities that are staffed and the Clifton Transfer Station that is not staffed. See About Us for address, map and hours.
Lost and Found
- Grand Valley Transit (GVT) is not responsible for articles left on the bus or at the facilities.
- If you lose something on a Grand Valley Transit (GVT) bus, call the office at (970) 256-7433 (RIDE). Give the route and time you were riding and an exact description of the lost item. GVT holds items found on the buses for 30 days.
- If you find an item left on the bus, please give it to the driver.