For passengers using dial-a-ride for the first-time, please be ready to complete a brief application before making your reservation. This information creates your account to schedule service.
Riders are responsible for providing the following information when using Redlands Area Dial-A-Ride service to make a reservation:
- Desired time for pick-up, or appointment time (drop off time).
- Time for return pick-up (if required)
- Address of pick-up location
- Address of destination.
- Whether the rider has any attendants or guests.
Please have all information ready when placing a call and write down reservation times when they are read back by the scheduler. It is recommended that the requesting rider asks the scheduler's name when making any reservations, cancellations or changes to their scheduled pick-up.
Riders must call the day before their desired pick-up time during normal business hours to schedule a trip or change an already scheduled trip.
- 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday through Saturday
To cancel a trip, riders must call two (2) hours in advance of the scheduled pick-up time. Failure to do so may result in the trip being documented as a late cancel or no show.
The rider needs to let the scheduler know if they have any special pick-up or drop off instructions. This is especially important in apartment and office complexes with multiple entry and exit points. Passengers must be ready to go when the bus arrives.
Delays in boarding the bus when it arrives may result in no-shows or rides being canceled at the door. Bus drivers will wait up to five (5) minutes and if a rider does not appear, the driver will go onto their next pick-up.
- Riders should expect the scheduler to schedule their trip within a one (1) hour window around the riders requested time (30 minutes before and 30 minutes after).
- Riders will be given a range of pick-up times (called a pick-up window) by the scheduler during which they can expect their pick-up to occur.
- Occasionally, the scheduler will need to adjust a rider's desired travel time so that another rider can be inserted into the schedule. Grand Valley Transit asks for your cooperation and understanding when this occurs.
- Grand Valley Transit will do everything possible to avoid changing a rider's ride time if they think it will make the rider late for an appointment.
- If your ride time is changed, Grand Valley Transit staff will call to advise you of the new pick-up time.