Paratransit service is available for people with mental and physical disabilities who are unable to utilize Grand Valley Transit (GVT) fixed route system. Only people who have been verified as eligible to use paratransit may use this service. Paratransit rides must be scheduled in advance and origin to destination service is provided for qualified paratransit riders.
To qualify for paratransit service, a Paratransit Eligibility Application must be completed. This form is available by:
- Downloading the ADA Paratransit Application
- Calling (970) 256-7433 (RIDE) to request a paper application
- Descarga la Aplicación Paratránsito ADA en Español
Please allow 2-3 weeks for GVT to process your paratransit applications once submitted and deemed complete.
Paratransit trips are available during the same hours as the fixed route that serves that area. See Routes and Schedules for hours of operation for each route.
Paratransit rides must be scheduled in advance and origin to destination service is provided for qualified paratransit riders inside the paratransit service area.
Paratransit rides can be scheduled by:
- Calling GVT at (970) 256-7433 (RIDE), extension 2
- Emailing email@example.com between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Coming soon - Book online!
- For a confirmed ride on Monday, paratransit riders must make a reservation no later that 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Para transit rides can be scheduled two weeks to the day before the ride is needed on a space available basis.
PARATRANSIT SERVICE AREA
Paratransit service is provided within ¾ miles of the fixed route-service.
If your origin or destination is outside the paratransit service area shown, eligible paratransit passengers may meet GVT paratransit buses within the service area to utilize paratransit service.
The cost per one way trip is $3.00. Personal care attendants ride free. Additional guests may accompany the rider if space is available, at a cost of $3.00 per one way trip.
Individuals will be permitted to use service animals, as defined within ADA guidelines as necessary.
Policy on Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
See our Policy on Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (PDF) regarding paratransit service.
Statement of Rights
See Statement of Rights page for information regarding the ADA Act, reasonable modifications, alternate formats of documents and the process to file a complaint.