While all Grand Valley Transit (GVT) buses on the fixed route system are wheelchair accessible, not everyone is able to utilize the fixed route system. Paratransit service is available for people with mental and physical disabilities who are unable to utilize Grand Valley Transit (GVT) fixed route system. Only people who have been verified as eligible to use paratransit may use this service. Paratransit rides must be scheduled in advance and origin to destination service is provided for qualified para transit riders.
Please be aware that if your origin or destination is outside the paratransit service area shown, eligible paratransit passengers may meet Grand Valley Transit (GVT) paratransit buses within the service area to utilize paratransit service.
Call Grand Valley Transit (GVT) at (970) 256-7433 (RIDE) or review Policy on Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act regarding paratransit service which was revised in August 2019.
You can download the ADA Paratransit Application or by call GVT at (970) 256-7433 (RIDE) and request that an application be mailed to you. Please allow 2-3 weeks to process paratransit applications once deemed complete. As of November 1, 2019 only the current paratransit application form will be accepted. Applications using older forms will be returned.
- Paratransit rides can be scheduled by:
- calling (970) 256-7433 (RIDE), extension 2,
- emailing email@example.com
- between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday through Saturday.
- For a confirmed ride on Monday, paratransit riders must make a reservation no later that 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Paratransit rides can be scheduled two weeks to the day before the ride is needed on a space available basis.
- The cost per one way trip is $3.00. Personal care attendants ride free however anyone else accompaning you will also cost $3.00 per one way trip.
Grand Valley Transit (GVT) makes reasonable modifications in policies, practices, or procedures when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability or to provide program accessibility to their services. Please contact Grand Valley Transit (GVT) for more information and to place your request.
- Call (970) 256-7433 or
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADA Para Transit Application.pdf
Revised August 2019
Policy on Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.pdf
- View the Alternative Formats that Grand Valley Transit (GVT) information is available in
- Grand Valley Transit Para Transit Service Area Map
- Your Statement of Rights