New to riding Grand Valley Transit buses? This section will help you learn everything you need to know using GVT, including buying your fare and getting on the bus, and provides helpful tips to make your trip even easier!
Get On Board
Bringing your bike on the bus
Riding the bus
Visit the following pages for information on Riding the Bus:
And don't forget you can use the Bus Tracking SPOT website or download the mobile application to your cell phone. You will find information on how to do this on the Bus Tracking page.
What bus do I take
Where are the bus stop locations
- Blue, Red, and White Grand Valley Transit (GVT) bus stop signs are posted at stop locations
- You can view individual bus stop locations by selecting a route from the Routes and Schedules page
Bus Stop Sign
How late does the bus operate
How often do the buses run
How to use GVT
- For Grand Valley Transit (GVT) riders, look for the closest GVT stop or check the Routes and Schedule page for the closest time indicator near your point of origin.
- Check the appropriate bus route schedule and plan to arrive five minutes early.
- You can use the Bus tracking SPOT website or mobile application
- Check the "head sign" located at the front of the bus for the appropriate route for your destination. The sign tells you the route number and name, which matches the information on your schedule. Board only the Grand Valley Transit (GVT) bus with the number and route name of your choosing, as a number of bus routes may use the same location for pick-up and drop-off.
- When boarding the bus, it is important to remember that the bus operator cannot make change. Please have fare or pass ready for operator prior to boarding the bus. This promotes quicker loading & unloading as well as on time performance.
- Training is available to assist individuals with disabilities, seniors, persons with special needs or any indivdual on how to use Grand Valley Transit (GVT). This is a free service offered by GVT. Our goal is to encourage the use of GVT Routes to meet the needs of all GVT area residents. For information about using this service, call Grand Valley Transit's Mobility Manager at (970) 244-1830 or email at email@example.com to schedule a training.
Planning Your Trip
Pickup a Schedule
View the Grand Valley Transit Routes System Map to find the stop location nearest to you. On the schedules, the bus travels from the top to the bottom of each schedule.
Using SPOT to track buses
Learn about Grand Valley Transit's bus tracking system by visiting our page Bus Tracking System SPOT
Where can I get schedules for Grand Valley Transit routes
Who do I call to get more information
Visit our Contact Us page to view phone number, hours of operation, location, and other information
Connections to Regional Public Transportation
These are public transportation opportunites that will take you beyond the Grand Valley. Click on the bullet to learn more about each regional service.
Did you know GVT has bus stops close to all of these regional connections? Feel free to call (970) 256-7433 (RIDE) for assistance locating these stops.