While all Grand Valley Transit (GVT) buses on the fixed route system are wheelchair accessible, not everyone is able to utilize the fixed route system. Para transit service is available for people with mental and physical disabilities who are unable to utilize Grand Valley Transit (GVT) fixed route system. Only people who have been verified as eligible to use para transit may use this service. Para transit rides must be scheduled in advance and origin to destination service is provided for qualified para transit riders.
Please be aware that if your origin or destination is outside the paratransit service area shown, eligible paratransit passengers may meet Grand Valley Transit (GVT) paratransit buses within the service area to utilize paratransit service.
Call Grand Valley Transit (GVT) at (970) 256-7433 (RIDE) or review Policy on Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act regarding para transit service.
You can download the ADA Para Transit Application or by call GVT at (970) 256-7433 (RIDE) and request that an application be mailed to you. Please allow 2-3 weeks to process para transit applications.
- Para transit rides can be scheduled by calling
- (970) 256-7433 (RIDE), extension 2,
- between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday through Saturday.
- For a confirmed ride on Monday, para transit riders must make a reservation no later that 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Para transit rides can be scheduled two weeks to the day before the ride is needed on a space available basis.
Grand Valley Transit (GVT) makes reasonable modifications in policies, practices, or procedures when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability or to provide program accessibility to their services. Please contact Grand Valley Transit (GVT) for more information and to place your request.
- Call (970) 256-7433 or
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- View the Alternative Formats that Grand Valley Transit (GVT) information is available in
- Grand Valley Transit Para Transit Service Area Map
- Your Statement of Rights