Please visit Routematch for up to date information on closures, detours, service changes, and other service announcements
What are GVT Riders Doing?
To help protect GVT employees and passengers and to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Grand Valley Transit asks that RIDERS PLEASE:
- Prepare for winter! To keep air circulating, bus windows will remain open through the winter. Expect cooler temperatures on the bus and dress appropriately.
- Ride quietly. Yelling, singing, and loud-talking can spread covid-19
- Wear a mask or face covering when riding the bus(required as of 5/13/20)
- Only take GVT for essential travel
- Do not ride if you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- Do not ride if you know you have been exposed to covid-19
- Allow 6 feet of distance between riders when possible
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid shaking hands
What is GVT Doing?
- Face coverings and social distancing of at least 6 feet are required inside all transfer facilities. The lobby at the Downtown Transfer Facility will remain closed except to purchase tickets and use restrooms.
- GVT disinfects buses twice a day.
- GVT offers hand sanitizer on every bus.
- GVT is opening windows to improve airflow in bus.
- During hours of high ridership, GVT may provide additional buses during peak periods to allow for increased social distancing between riders.
- Seating is closed near the front of the bus in order to decrease driver exposure with riders.